Monday, February 18, 2013

January Favorites!

Hey guys,

Even though it's mid February, I wanted to get a January favorites post up. These are products I've really been loving lately.



Let's start with the face then, shall we?

Rimmel London has been rocking it with their products lately. Although I absolutely adore my NARS Sheerglow Foundation, I decided to try Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation (shade 130 True Ivory). I have to say, I really liked it, not as much as my NARS foundation, but it's pretty great for a drugstore foundation.

I also picked up Rimmel's Fix & Perfect primer while I was at CVS because all makeup was buy one, get one half off. I'm a sucker for sales. That was a bad day for my bank account. When I'm having a lazy makeup day, I throw on a bit of this primer and some concealer and I'm out the door.

For the penultimate face fave, I've picked Rimmel London (surprise, surprise) Stay Matte powder. I have a really oily t-zone, especially around my nose and this powder definitely helps.

And finally, Pond's Cold Cream. Most days I just use this to remove my eye makeup and then use my usual face cleanser. It works really well. But about twice a week I use it all over my face as a deep cleanser. It leaves my face feeling so soft. You really don't need much, so it lasts a long time as well.

From L to R: Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation (130 True Ivory), Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder, Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Primer, Pond's Cold Cream.

_______________________________


Moving on to the eyes. Lately I've been focusing more on my lips and keeping a quite simple eye look. My most used eyeshadows for January are MAC Blackberry, MAC Soft Brown & MAC Mylar— All matte shades, would ya look at that! I love MAC eyeshadows. They're pretty much all I own, aside from a few drugstore palettes here and there.

I'm loving the Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner at the moment. I try to avoid liquid liner— and pencils take so much work, with all the sharpening and what not, so gel liner was the way to go for me.

Keeping on the Maybelline trend, my last eye product is the One by One Volum' Express mascara. I'm pretty addicted to it. It does add volume and the price was right for me.


From top to bottom:
MAC Mylar: Matte cream white (not pictured because I'm too pale)
MAC Soft Brown: Matte peachy brown
MAC Blackberry: Matte brownish purple

_______________________________


Lips have definitely been my focus lately. I went for a vampy lip most days in January. First and foremost, however, I had to make sure my lips were soft and moisturized.

For this I start off with a homemade lip scrub, now I do love the Lush lip scrubs, but making it at home is so much cheaper. The homemade scrub is edible and delicious. You can also use it on your legs to make them ridiculously smooth. After my lips are nice and scrubbed, I use Blistex Restore lip protectant and/or Lush Honey Trap. My lips always feel really nice after using those. The Blistex balm is also really nice to use before bed.

My standard lip colors of January were MAC's Rebel and Rimmel London by Kate Moss #11. If I wanted the colors to be a bit darker, I would use my MAC lip pencil in Currant first. The Kate Moss lipstick smells a bit like cherries as well. The consistency of both lipsticks is fantastic. My only problem is the staying power. They do last for quite a bit of time, but reapplication is necessary throughout the day (maybe it's just me because I'm constantly eating and drinking tea).


From top to bottom:
MAC Currant: Deep reddish purple
MAC Rebel: Satin purple-y fuchsia
Rimmel London by Kate Moss: Deep red
Lush balm: Honey Trap
Blistex balm: Restore 
Left: MAC Rebel
Right: MAC Rebel + MAC Currant 

Left: Rimmel London by Kate Moss #11
Right: #11 + MAC Currant

Left: MAC Rebel
Right: MAC Rebel + MAC Currant

Left: Rimmel London by Kate Moss #11
Right: #11 + MAC Currant
_______________________________


My skin gets quite dry in the winter so I often stock up on lotion. Bath & Body Works has great scents and they often have deals so I stop there a lot. My favorite scents at the moment are Secret Wonderland and Forever Sunshine. I had gone without Forever Sunshine in my life for a very long time, as it was no longer in stores, but when I went to a Bath & Body Works outlet I found it (and was so excited). I think I brought home three or four bottles.

The perfume I've been using is Ralph Lauren Big Pony Pink #2. I have the rollerball and it's really handy because I can take it with me on the go. The scent is very fruity and fresh.



From L to R (scent):
Forever Sunshine: Apricots, peonies & praline
Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2: Fresh & fruity
Secret Wonderland: Strawberry, jasmine & white amber

_______________________________


I'm not very big on hair products, though I really should be. I'm quite lazy when it comes to my hair and generally just throw on a hat. Suave's Dry Shampoo is so helpful and works so well. For those days when I don't have time to do my hair properly, I spray a bit of this on it and my hair looks much better than before. Granted, I generally still throw on a beanie to contain the beast that is my hair. Plus it's about $2, so it's naturally my go-to dry shampoo.

Suave Dry Shampoo


That's it for my January Favorites! Leave comments with some of your favorites or any questions you have!

x Kyra



No comments:

Post a Comment