Thursday, February 28, 2013

MAC Haul

I work very close to a MAC store, and by very close, I mean I take maybe 20 steps and I'm there. I walk past it each day, unless I go through Macy's, and then I have to walk through the beauty department to get to work. It's a lose-lose situation, really.

I'm a college kid, so I can't really afford to be spending all kinds of money on beauty products every week. I saved up everything from the past two months for this haul. However, this does mean I have to be a bit more creative with my blog posts in the next few weeks, as I'll be on a fairly strict budget.

I bought the MAC Pro Palette with Woodwinked, Amber Lights, Naked Lunch and Ricepaper. I adore MAC eyeshadows (I also bought Blackberry recently which is not pictured). The eyeshadows are very pigmented and stay all day.
From Bottom to Top:
Woodwinked- (Veluxe Pearl) Warm brownish gold
Amber Lights- (Frost) Warm peachy brown with shimmer
Naked Lunch- (Frost) Slightly pink with shimmer
Rice Paper- (Frost) Light gold with shimmer



Along with eyeshadows, I picked up MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20. It works so well for covering up blemishes.

Studio Finish Concealer - NW20


Then I picked up MAC matte blush in Prism. I use this as a contour shade and as a blush sometimes. Killing two birds with one stone.
Prism: (Matte) Soft pinkish brown


Lastly, we have lipsticks. MAC lipsticks are quite possibly my favorite. Since it's getting warmer here, I decided it might be time to start retiring my vampy shades (okay, maybe not completely, I can't live without Rebel). So, I picked up Party Parrot (matte), Velvet Teddy (matte) and Shy Girl (cremesheen). MAC matte shades are really nice and not too drying. To make sure it stays that way, I just put on a bit of lip balm before applying. I always get the most compliments on my lip color when I wear Party Parrot. It's so bright and refreshing for spring and summer.
From Bottom to Top:
Party Parrot- (Matte) Bright coral pink
Velvet Teddy- (Matte) Deep beige
Shy Girl- (Cremesheen) Peachy beige 

Party Parrot


Velvet Teddy

Shy Girl


That's it for now. Let me know some of your favorite MAC products in the comments below!

x Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment