Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Time I Ran Away to California // Part 2

This is being posted much later than I anticipated. I have loads of excuses, but it's really just the fact that I got so excited about applying for internships and looking for more that this photo post slipped my mind.


We went to Rodeo Drive to lust over clothes and things we can't afford, and then happened upon something we could afford... Sprinkles Cupcakes. How cool is this cupcake ATM? That should be a thing everywhere (but not really, it'd be very dangerous).


The Breakfast of Champions- Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.

We stopped at Starbucks and ate our cupcakes in the car before heading out to Venice Beach. With our windows down and Jack's Mannequin blasting from the speakers, it really did feel like a Holiday From Real (excuse the song pun, I couldn't help myself). Excited doesn't even begin to describe our feelings when we finally saw the Everything in Transit cover in person.

We tried to just buy things from the artists on the boardwalk. There was so much to choose from and I definitely wanted to buy something from almost everyone. 

 
This pup was so cute! 


The guy that made the record bowls was super cool. I wanted them all, to be honest. I settled on the Breakfast at Tiffany's and Billy Joel (for my roommate) records. Now the dilemma is deciding if we should display them or use them. 


Most delicious fish taco. Although it could've just been the fact that we were in Venice and it was on the boardwalk. Either way, it was delicious and I want another right now.

Super cheesy tourist alert.
All in all, it was a practically perfect weekend getaway. Coming home was awful. It really just made me want to go have another adventure as soon as possible.

x Kyra


No comments:

Post a Comment