Monday, October 28, 2013

Begonia Sky Presents: A Day in the Life with Short Girl, Tall Appetite

Living with a food blogger is simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to me. I often come home to a home cooked meal or freshly baked monster cookies. When the deep fryer comes out, that’s when I know I’m in trouble. It means eggrolls are on the way. I’m not saying I’ve eaten eggrolls for every meal multiple days in a row, but I’m not saying I haven’t. Only Thuy Lan knows the answer to that. 

Anyway, without further ado, I'm happy to present the first of many in my new blogger series!


Thuy Lan is a junior studying Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. When she’s not studying, making news packages or working at a luxury shoe and handbag store, she’s cooking— and then blogging about it. 
This is a day in the life.







How did you get your start with food blogging?

Well, I always cooked and people would ask me for the recipes so I figured I would put them all in one place for everyone to enjoy.

What are your goals for Short Girl, Tall Appetite in the coming years?

I want a lot of people to read it, to make it their go-to for recipes. 

What’s your favorite thing to make?

French macarons because they’re challenging and even though I fail half the time, when it does work they’re really pretty. 

Do you ever get ideas from MasterChef Junior or any Food Network shows?

ALL the time. I think Paula Deen is funny and if you omit maybe half the butter her recipes are really good.

Speaking of MasterChef Junior, who do you want to win?

Alexander because he’s adorable and really composed for being only 13. I stumble over my words and he’s so eloquent. Plus he can make a perfect French macaron. 

Can we expect any restaurant reviews in the future? 

I’m always down for a restaurant review, I just have to find the time to actually go to a restaurant. And maybe a hot dinner companion... Wink wink. 

Any tips for aspiring food bloggers? 

I don’t like recipes all that much because I put in what I like and that’s what I suggest for everyone else. You can always change recipes to make it your own. Cooking is a way to show your personality. 



Be sure to check out Thuy Lan's blog Short Girl, Tall Appetite!

Kyra x






No comments:

Post a Comment