Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween How-To | Cartoon Characters




Last weekend I filmed a Halloween video with Kristen. Most of the items were either thrifted or we already had in our closets. So, I will be bringing you the makeup side of things. I've come up with four really easy makeup looks to go with the costumes.




First up is Daria.


All it really takes is a bit of simple eyeliner, some contouring and a nude lip.

Step 1: Apply foundation as usual.
Step 2: Contour, contour, contour.
Step 3: Apply a cream colored eyeshadow, then some winged out liner.
Step 4: Put on loads of mascara— and curl your lashes, but that's a given in my book.
Step 5: Use a matte, nude lipstick.

And that's it. You're done. I told you this would be simple.




Then we have Jane Lane.


I'll let you in on a little secret, I just built off of the Daria look. I'll continue to do so for as many of these looks as I can. I'm trying to give my skin a break here!

Step 1: Foundation and contouring.
Step 2: Fill in those brows.
Step 3: We're doing a smokey eye here with a black shadow with purple glitter and a silver eyeliner. Then put on lots of mascara. Mascara is your best friend with all of these looks.
Step 4: Line your lips with either a dark vampy shade or just plain ol' red. I would be using MAC's Currant, but I lost it (cue the sobs).
Step 5: Use a dark vampy red. A matte lipstick would be swell, but really, you can use any dark red.




Moving on to Minnie Mouse.


Again with the building off of looks. I'll still include the steps though. Sorry if it's repetitive.

Step 1: Apply foundation as you normally would. You can cover your brows if you'd like because Minnie Mouse doesn't have eyebrows, but I'm definitely keeping mine. Apply a pink blush to the apples of your cheeks as well.
Step 2: Use dark shadows to create a smokey eye. This is grown up Minnie Mouse.
Step 3: Either use lots of mascara, or apply some falsies. I will not be doing the latter because I hate applying false lashes.
Step 4: Use a gel liner and apply a black spot to your nose.
Step 5: I'm using a pinkish red for the lips. You can add a bit of gloss if you'd like too!



Last but certainly not least is Lisa Simpson.



Step 1: Apply foundation and contour. If you want you can use a slightly yellower (is that a real word?) foundation so you still get that Simpsons effect without having to paint yourself yellow.
Step 2: Use a yellow or gold eyeshadow and sweep it across the lid. Then blend an orange shadow into your crease.
Step 3: Use a black liner in your waterline and do a very small bit on your lash line.
Step 4: Put on some falsies. Or don't. I won't. I just used a ton of mascara.
Step 5: I'm using a bright orange lipstick to go with the dress, but you could also do yellow (check out OCC Lip Tar!) or a nude lip.



So there you have it, four very easy looks you can use this Halloween. You'll probably be answering the question "What ARE you?!" all night, but that's half the fun— at least for me.

Make sure you check out Kristen's video and subscribe to her channel. Let us know on Twitter or Instagram if you try out the looks!

x Kyra

My instagram and twitter.
Kristen's instagram and twitter.




1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to think of the perfect Halloween costume for weeks now, but I could never decide. Now I'm thinking I'll just focus on the makeup. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

    ReplyDelete