Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Style Edit: Arizona Autumn

Life in the desert is not always fun (by not always, I mean almost never). Autumn here is all about layering. It's generally chilly when I leave my house in the morning, but by the time I get to wherever I'm going it's between 80 and 90 degrees. Then there's the air conditioning debacle. And when I leave to come home, it's cold again. It's almost as bad as the weather in Michigan— okay, not quite, but it's still bad.


Hat: Furious Denim Italia
Shirt: H&M
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Very Volatile




I became slightly obsessed with striped shirts after seeing Now You See Me. The character Alma Dray wears one and it just seemed so chic and effortless. I wanted to feel like I could be wandering around the streets of a small French town. I threw on a hat because, well, it's me here and I love a good hat. This one is from Furious Denim, an Italian company. 

Sweater: Last Chance (Nordstrom)
Shirt: Madewell
Pants: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden
Necklace: Thrifted

I'm in love with almost everything Madewell has in the store, I just can't always afford what I want. I got this shirt on sale last winter and it has been a wonderful addition to my closet. Patterned pants will be a big staple in my autumn and winter wardrobe, H&M has really affordable and cute pairs!

Shirt: Taken from my dear mother's closet
Bralette: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: Forever21
Shoes: Cole Haan



 

 I liked this outfit because of the fall colors, and how it looked with my red hair. The top is sheer and works well for the Arizona autumn. You can add tights if it's a bit chillier where you are. 


Sweater: Last Chance (Nordstrom)
Dress: H&M
Shoes: Soda
Sunglasses: Thrifted



This is another one of those "add tights if you live somewhere cold" looks. I love the way oversized sweaters look when paired with dresses or skirts. Once it really gets cold I'll add tights and wear my Docs instead of heels.

Let me know in the comments what your autumn wardrobe essentials are! 

x Kyra

P.S. I did a guest blog post over at Playdates + Pearls!

6 comments:

  1. UGH GIVE ME YOUR CLOSET. seriously though... these are all so cute. I really love the skirt from f21. I don't know if I could pull it off though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt :) I think you definitely could pull it off!

      Delete
  2. all those outfits look great, but my favorite is the sheer shirt with the faux leather pleated skirt.

    musingsbycandacejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That outfit was my favorite as well.

      Delete
  3. I love all these outfits! But I have to agree that the one with the skirt is my favorite. It's so flattering! And your hair color is great on you.

    Constance
    http://prepnorthwest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know...that sounds like a good weather problem to have! It's so cold and dark already in Boston and it's going to be this way for months and months. It's so depressing!

    I love your leather skirt look! You look gorgeous in it and its such a classic look!

    xo
    Kara
    www.thebostonista.com

    ReplyDelete