Monday, December 30, 2013

Begonia Sky Presents: A Day in the Life with Sex with Candy

For the final installment of the guest blogger series (for now), we have Aileen from Sex with Candy. Aileen is an ex-model who now works at a marketing firm in NYC. Her blog is an outlet for her to post about fashion and things that inspire her.




What are your goals for Sex with Candy for the next year or so?
In the next year I hope to gain more readership and turn Sex with Candy into a destination lifestyle blog filled with chic style tips, colorful street style, and make it synonymous as a NYC guide to some of best attractions and coolest activities from a native's standpoint. And if I could inspire my readers to take risks in fashion while indulging their funny bone that would be a huge plus.

What is the fashion scene like in NYC?
It's extremely diverse and inspiring. I'm constantly surrounded by girls who have been touched by Audrey Hepburn and others who could be taken out of a club kid scene. Everyone here is attuned to their own personal style and with the array of local designers and vintage shops it's possible for them (and me) to play around with fashion and to break the rules when it comes to dressing up. The freedom of expression is amazing, and during NYFW it's out of control. Definitely no cookie cutters in this city.

How would you describe your style?
My style is hugely influenced by music, color, New York City, and my experience as a model. So I would describe my style as colorful but with a rocker edge. I also find myself being very sporty but feminine. But one thing for is sure, as a runner I love to showcase my hard earned gams no matter what.

What are your must have products?
Black moto boots are a must and can add edge to any floral piece. Plus, they are the best when walking all over NYC. Round sunnies, I have a pair from ASOS and they were a huge hit during NYFW.
Fuschia lipgloss, the color is just amazing with my skin tone and wild hair. 
And my clear neon yellow Tory Burch bag, it's a show stopper every time I've used it.

You can find Aileen here:

I hope you all enjoyed the guest blogger series, I definitely did. Let me know in the comments if this is something you'd like to see continue!

x Kyra

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks so much for spreading the word on Sex w. Candy :)

    Aileen

    ReplyDelete