Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide: Beauty


It's that time of year again. The holidays are here and our bank accounts hate us. The holidays are an especially busy time for my family as pretty much everyone's birthday is around this time. Thankfully my family has been good about celebrating all of the birthdays, it's more difficult with friends because my birthday is during exam week every single year. My brother's birthday is Christmas day and my mom's is a couple of days after the new year. 

Combination gifts are inevitable for my family. So is getting birthday presents in Christmas wrapping paper. Oh the struggles of being born during the holiday season. Thankfully, my mom always makes sure us kids get separate presents AND the birthday presents are in birthday paper. What a lovely lady. 


I thought I'd make a gift guide with more affordable products (all under $60) to save our wallets this holiday. This list also serves as a birthday gift guide for my mom (hi, mom). 


SHOP THIS POST
The Hourglass palette has been on my list for ages. If there's one thing I'm convinced I need, it's that. 

While the Stila palette doesn't have Kitten in it, it still looks lovely. Any time I'm in Ulta or Sephora I feel the need to swatch Stila shadows because they are just so buttery. I kind of hate myself for using that word to describe them, but it's just so true

Whenever I walk through Macy's on the way to work, I spray a bit of a Juicy Couture scent on. Just for kicks. The fact that this is travel friendly (and not a rollerball!!) makes me want it even more.

The Sonia Kashuk brush set is such a steal. You can never have too many brushes (especially if you're like me and don't clean your brushes as often as you should). I basically just want ALL the blending brushes.

The Too Faced palette has been talked about amongst beauty gurus. The colors are fab and they have festive names, what more could you want?

This eyelash curler made it onto the list because I need a new one. I've had mine for years (and I think it belonged to my mother before that) so it's definitely time for a replacement.


What's on your beauty list this holiday season? Let me know in the comments!

x Kyra

3 comments:

  1. These are all really great picks! My favorites are #1 and #4 :)

    xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I'm really eyeing the Juicy Couture set - I've really been wanting some perfume rollerballs to bring with me on the go!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the list Kyra! XO Mum

    ReplyDelete