Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Weekender: Turkey Day Shenanigans

This has been my third year away from my family for Thanksgiving and my second year spending good ol' turkey day with my roommate, Thuy Lan. 

We have this tradition of making far too much food for just two people. It's a tradition we've decided should continue down the road, even when we're 80. 

Last year we had an 18 lb turkey, this year we cut back to 14 lbs. But what we lacked in turkey, we made up for with potato dishes. 

The shenanigans started the day before Thanksgiving, we went to a tree lighting ceremony at a mall and there was fake snow and too many people. I never thought I would miss snow, but as all of my Facebook friends back home uploaded pretty pictures of snow covered streets, I got a bit nostalgic. 







1. Fake snow fall
2. What we're thankful for
3. The beginnings of pumpkin cheesecake
4. The ridiculous amount of food we had (sans cheesecake)



The rest of my weekend was spent working and shopping, but mostly working. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

x Kyra

3 comments:

  1. Hahah oh my gosh all that food! You've got leftovers for daaays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I think I've had Thanksgiving leftovers for the past 6 meals.

      Delete
  2. great royal blue hat

    musingsbycandacejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete