Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Review: Feathers Boutique




 Five years ago, when I was just a wee little thing, my family and I went on a trip to Austin, Texas to visit a college. While we were there, we stumbled upon two vintage shops. One of those was Feathers Boutique.


I was ecstatic to find it again while driving down SoCo. Especially now that I'm more fashionable (sorry high school me). So I spent a fair amount of my time in Austin in Feathers. 










I bought the beaded jacket (above) and a pair of sunnies. It took so much restraint to not buy the 90s BCBG navy velvet dress. I went from feeling like an old film star with the fur and dress combo, to feeling like a chic older Wednesday Addams with just the dress. Both vibes are fine by me. In fact, I may try to accomplish those in my everyday life.


The Decor: It made me want to redecorate my house so it would look as cool as the store. Seriously, I think I need to buy a chair to throw some pillows, a faux fur rug and some magazines on. Maybe one day, my place will look as cool as Feathers (a girl can dream). 

The Fashion: If I had had enough money to buy everything in the store, I probably would have. The owner picks out the clothes for the store and does an amazing job of it. Everything was high quality and of course, unique.

I was so impressed by not only the fashion and decor, but also the helpful employees at Feathers Boutique.  I will definitely be paying them a visit the next time I'm in Austin.

Connect with Feathers Boutique
Website
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook

x Kyra

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos :)

    Check out my blog:)
    http://the-newone.blogspot.nl
    Follow me if you like it via google circles or GFC and I follow you back xoxo
    Instagram: hellodashi
    <3

    ReplyDelete