Friday, February 7, 2014

The Weekender: ATL to PHX



I know this weekender is late, but I've been getting back into the swing of things in Phoenix. I decided I wanted to make the road trip back a bit more fun by stopping in cities I've never been to or haven't been to in a while— namely New Orleans and Austin. 






 Our first stop after we got to our hotel was a nearby bar, The Bourbon O, because hey, why not? We ended up going back the next day for Bloody Marys (one of the best I've ever had). The bar staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they were part of the reason we went back! 

OOTD
Coat: Last Chance
Shirt dress: H&M
Tights: Unknown
Shoes: H&M
We explored and had lunch and then ventured back to our hotel to change into warmer clothes, but ended up taking a nap and then staying in the rest of the night. I had a really bad migraine, which was a bummer because we were so close to Bourbon St. and you have to experience the nightlife in NOLA. At least now I have even more of a reason to go back!




 The next day we explored more and of course, had beignets. I don't know if I'll be able to live without them now. I met many new animal friends on our walk. We saw a very cool hotel and ventured inside to take pictures. Then we took the streetcar to a cemetery to explore before we left for Austin.











 We unfortunately didn't get to spend much time in Austin. It was rainy and quite chilly, so we spent most of our few hours there at Magnolia Cafe and in two vintage boutiques on SoCo. I had actually been to the boutiques before when I first visited Austin about four years ago. I'll be doing a post on those in the very near future.





I'm very glad to be back, but I can't wait to visit NOLA and Austin again very soon. Be sure to check back for the features on Feathers Boutique and Prototype Vintage!

x Kyra


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, great times! Can't wait to see the boutique pix with the mink capelet.

    ReplyDelete