Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Review: Prototype Vintage



To quote my previous post about another vintage store,  "Five years ago, when I was just a wee little thing, my family and I went on a trip to Austin, Texas to visit a college. While we were there, we stumbled upon two vintage shops." The other was Prototype Vintage. 










I had so much fun trying on all of the clothes at Prototype. It was such a fun atmosphere and the girl working was incredibly sweet and helpful. She even took apart a mannequin so I could try on a dress— hence the pictures with a mannequin arm. I ended up buying that dress too. I wish I could have bought everything I tried on, especially the maroon lace dress. 

Straight away I could tell that a lot of work went into picking pieces for the store. The clothes were all unique. I also liked the selection of guy's clothes. I probably spent a bit too much time in that section, but who can pass up a good graphic tee or flannel? 

I wanted to spend more time trying on everything in the store, but unfortunately I had to leave Austin that day. It is safe to say that the next time I'm in Austin, you can find me at Prototype. 

Be sure to follow them and visit if you're in the Austin area!

x Kyra




1 comment:

  1. Is that supposed to be a thrift store because it looks way nicer than any one I've been to! haha

    ReplyDelete